You are here
Increase transparency regarding campus performance and provide solutions for parents, local communities, and the state to improve chronically failing schools.
- A-F School Ratings: Rate each school campus on an A-F standard that everyone – particularly parents – can easily understand and measure.
- Parent Empowerment: Strengthen the parent empowerment law by giving parents the means for intervention after two years versus after five years in chronically failing schools.
- Local Control School District: Simplify the home-rule process (giving districts greater freedom to determine educational programs and administration) by making it streamlined and transparent, and restoring local control of schools.
- Opportunity School District: Establish a special statewide turnaround school district to fix chronically failing schools.
Invest in the best teachers and teaching policies to improve student learning.
- Teacher Development Framework: Strengthen the teacher appraisal framework to provide at least an annual evaluation that includes improvements in student achievement. Align professional development to the needs identified in teacher appraisals giving educators a personalized, meaningful blueprint for excellence and mastery.
Make high performing public school options available to every Texas family.
- Student Transfers & Transportation: Allow every student to attend the public school of their choice within their district by advancing district-wide transfer policies. Increase transportation funding to support student transfers.
Implement proven education technologies and teaching innovations.
- Course Access & Digital Learning: Increase the availability of approved online content, courses, and programs for all students.